2nd International Workshop on High-Order CFD Methods
Sponsored by DLR, AIAA and AFOSR
- To provide an open and impartial forum for evaluating the status of high-order methods (order of accuracy > 2) in solving a wide range of flow problems
- To assess the performance of high-order methods through comparison to production 2nd order CFD codes widely used in the aerospace industry with well defined metrics
- To identify pacing items in high-order methods needing additional research and development in order to proliferate in the CFD community
- The workshop is open to participants all over the world. Everybody is welcome.
- The workshop is a follow-on event.
- Fifteen benchmark cases are included from the 1st International Workshop on High-Order CFD Methods, three additional test cases are added.
Open forums will be included in the workshop to discuss pacing items and further research areas in high-order methods
- December 31, 2012 - Final specification of additional test cases including common grids.
February 28, 2013
NEW deadline March 15, 2013 - Abstract (abstract template). Do send an incomplete abstract if you believe data will be ready on April 30, 2013.
- March 25, 2013 - Acceptance e-mail sent out.
- April 30, 2013 - Data submittal
- May 27-28, 2013 - Workshop (registration required to participate)
Important Guideline (Read this first!)
Venue and Accommodation
The workshop will take place at the NH Hotel Köln City.
A number of rooms have been reserved in the conference hotel at a rate of 119 EUR per night (including breakfast). Workshop participants are kindly asked to book a room at their earliest convenience, but not later than April, 15th, 2013. Please mention the keyword "Higher Order Workshop" during booking.
Fifteen benchmark cases are included from the 1st International Workshop on High-Order CFD Methods, three additional test cases are added.
The second workshop will address in particular the more difficult applications. Although all test cases remain active, we highly encourage contributions to the C.3 test case suite.
C1. Easy, 2D
C2. Intermediate, 2D & 3D
C3. Difficult, 2D & 3D
- Norbert Kroll (Co-Chair, Local Organizer), DLR
- Z.J. Wang (Co-Chair), University of Kansas
- Remi Abgrall, INRIA and University of Bordeaux
- Francesco Bassi, University of Bergamo
- Doru Caraeni, CD-adapco
- Corentin Carton de Wiart, CENAERO
- Andrew Cary, Boeing
- Herman Deconinck, VKI
- Chris Fidkowski, University of Michigan
- Ralf Hartmann, DLR
- Koen Hillewaert, CENAERO
- H.T. Huynh, NASA Glenn Research Center
- Tobias Leicht, DLR
- Georg May, RWTH Aachen University
- Per-Olof Persson, UC Berkeley
- Bram van Leer, University of Michigan
- Miguel Visbal, AFRL
For up-to-date information, visit the workshop website:
http://www.dlr.de/as/hiocfd or email email@example.com
Follow http://twitter.com/hiocfd for updates!
Click here to download the leaflet (PDF)
URL dieses Artikels
Downloads zu diesem Artikel
2nd International Workshop on High-Order CFD Methods, May 27-28, 2013, Cologne (http://www.dlr.de/as/Portaldata/5/Resources/dokumente/veranstaltungen/2013_05-hiocfd/Workshop_koeln_interaktiv.pdf)