The European SIMMOD User’s Group (ESUG) is a forum for the exchange of ideas and experiences between SIMMOD users primarily working on airspace and airport projects.
- Membership: ESUG’s membership will be open current and potential SIMMOD Users from primarily European countries. Users from other countries are welcome to attend.
- Officers: The Chair, Co-Chair and Secretary will be elected at the spring meeting to serve a two-year term of office. The Chair and Co-Chair will preside over the group. The Chair, Co- Chair and Secretary will distribute minutes of each meeting before the next meeting and will coordinate to develop meeting agendas, invite speakers, etc.
- Meetings: ESUG will meet twice annually, generally, in the spring and in the fall. Meetinglocation will rotate through the membership, with a particular organisation accepting responsibility for the venue. If necessary to supplement meeting costs, a nominal registration fee will be required for meeting attendance. Travel time and travel cost should be taken into account.when agreeing on venue.
- NASUG relationship: The Chair, Co-Chair and Secretary will foster and maintain close cooperation and relationship to North American SIMMOD Users Group (NASUG).
- Act as a forum for the presentation of studies carried out by the various bodies, hereby enabling users to become aware of the work being carried out by others.
- Encourage the further adoption and promote the use of SIMMOD where appropriate for airport and airspace modelling.
- Encourage collaboration between users modelling similar topics, identify areas of common methodology and share solutions to difficulties.
- Serve as an interface for the SIMMOD developers and the ESUG members for advising on SIMMOD modelling needs, including bug fixes, new logic, and prioritisation of maintenance and development efforts.
- Encourage and support the development of SIMMOD products including harmonisation of engine and functionality among all versions of SIMMOD.
- Encourage the maintenance of an ESUG website including ESUG presentations and workshop minutes of ESUG meetings as well as additional information concerning ESUG.
- Learn about other Fast Time Simulation tools, explore potential linkages and foster good relations with other users.