Flight tests with DLR's research aircraft
Do228 – DLR Multi role turboprop twin engine test aircraft
|Flugversuchsträger des DLR : DO 228|
Validation of innovative Air Traffic Management systems by flight testing of new sensors or equipment.
Max. cruising speed: 160 kt
Max. speed: 200 kt depending on equipment
MTOW: 5980 kg
Max. altitude: 25000 ft
Endurance: approximately 9 hours
Max. range: 1320 nautical miles (2445 km; 1519 miles)
For test equipment the power supplies are 28V, 115V/400 Hz and 220V/50 Hz
• Inertial Navigation System LTN 90
• VOR and ILS receivers
• Personal Computers for data logging or data display
• Omnistar system with Novatel GPS receiver as reference for positioning. Decimetre accu-racy will be achieved.
• Antennas can be mounted in two positions (aft of cockpit and rear) on the upper side and in the back on aircraft underside.
• Versatile Racks for test systems are provided which can contain equipment of up to 200 kg.
• Various hardpoints and hatches for cameras and sensors are also available.