Testing of safety-critical, software-based railway systems
It is the objective of the Symposiums, to identify new approaches for the optimisation of tests of safety-critical, software-based railway systems. This objective shell be reached by exchange between science, industry and operators. The complexity of safety-critical and software-based systems in the railway sector as well as specific requirements related to safety and availability lead today to enormous effort for test and commissioning. On the other side modern methods and procedures for system tests are available from information science.
How can the application of modern methods from the information science improve the quality of the test results and reduce the effort? How do those modern methods need to be adapted to be used optimally by the railway sector?
Possible answers for those and other questions related to testing shall be discussed during the symposium Test4Rail.
Focus of the symposium is:
- Requirements related to the quality of the test results from the perspective of the operators, authorities and the EU
- Experience related to testing from the industrial practice
- Technologies for Testing – new approaches along the whole testing life cycle
- Conformity Tests
- ETCS subset 076 - lessons learned and perspective
- Interlocking – current status and perspective
Representatives from EU, industry, authorities, railway operators, science and testlabs will present their experience and expectations.
German Aerospace Center (DLR)
For further information please contact Vera Neumann (email@example.com) Phone: +49 531 295-3405 and visit our website www.test4rail.org.