The traditional meeting Glastag about the dynamics of amorphous materials and melts took place in April at the DLR in Cologne. Members of the research unit 1394, funded by the German Research Foundation (DFG), reported on the progress of their individual projects. Moreover, international guests gave invited talks presenting their latest results or an overview of their research. Invited speakers were
- Mauro Sellitto: Cooperative facilitation dynamics
- Andreas Meyer: Liquid-liquid Transitions in Metallic Melts
- Jin Sun: Shear thickening of dense suspensions – mechanisms, flow
regimes and polydispersity
- Stefan Luding: Granular Rheology and Jamming
- Matthias Krüger: Frenetic Aspects of Second Order Response.
The two-day Glastag was followed by a Young Researcher School for the PhD students of the research unit. In the scientific part of the school, Fan Yang held a lecture on Bulk Metallic Glasses that was complemented by a laboratory tour at the Institute of Materials Physics in Space. The second day of school was organized by Robert Kötter with a training on Effective Scientific Presentation.