The JPEG Encoder (JE) is a high-performance, stand alone image compression IP core. It is fully compliant with the baseline ISO/IEC 10918-1 standard. The current version is functional in the single colour mode. 8-bit and 12-bit JE cores are implemented on different FPGA devices.
- Baseline ISO/IEC 10918-1 standard compliant
- Programmable Quantization Tables
- Programmable DC / AC Huffman Tables
- Supports any image size. (The maximum image line width is limited by the number of block RAMs inside a specific ASIC or FPGA device)
- No external memory is required
- Fully-synchronous design with a single external clock
- Automatic marker generation