|Planning and Common Management|
The Department is responsible for the Infrastructure of the Institute. It guarantees the availability of all day-to-day management operations of a science establishment, infrastructural processes and the public relation issues of the Institute. The Department offers its technical know-how to all Projects of the Institutes science units. This includes Project management tasks, Data and Document Management and archiving of the various science data and results.
- Permanent analysis of the scientific-political environment
- Assessment of necessary resources and preparation of an investment strategy
- Drafting of work force requirements, business plans and its implementation
- Definition and implementation of intergroup communication and document structures
- Science marketing
- Coordination of Institute activities in foreign countries
The Department is host to IT-Management, Image Lab and Regional Planetary Image Facility (RPIF). These units act as key resources for all scientific work units in the Institute. The Regional Planetary Image Facility is the German representation of NASAs RPIF facility. One of its priorities is to improve access of scientific data to the public and to provide newest scientific results about the exploration of the solar system
The Department will contribute to the promotion of scientific offspring and will take care of Education and Public Outreach (EPO). Among these responsibilities we will:
- Represent the Institute in public affairs
- Coordinate the Institutes contribution to the DLR School Lab in Berlin-Adlershof
- Arrange and execute events for schools, teachers and students.