Catalog of Product Assurance Requirements
Under our direction and in close cooperation with experts of the German Space Industry, a catalog of product assurance requirements has been drawn up providing the core from which project-specific product assurance requirements can be prepared and tailored to the specific needs.
The document specifies product assurance requirements with regard to the following fields:
- product assurance management
- quality assurance and verification
- reliability, maintainability, availability
- EEE-parts and provision
- materials, mechanical parts and processes
- software quality assurance
- ground support equipment
- mission performance.
Expert System Tailoring Tool QMExpert
The software (QMExpert) as developed by us for the tailoring of project-specific product assurance requirements is based on a knowledge that covers the experience of industry and agencies in national and international spaceflight; QMExpert follows standards of international spaceflight and the existing standards of the European Cooperation for Space Standardization (ECSS).
With QMExpert, a DP-Tool is at DLR’s disposal, which presently represents a highly-considered, top-class product in spaceflight management.
Tailoring is based upon the evaluation of tailoring criteria (project characteristics):
- type of project
- life cycle
- risk policy.
With tailoring, the profile of requirements differs in
- in the amount of deliverables and individual procedures
- in the nature of methods to be applied
- in the extent of contractor’s verification
- in the number of actions to be considered during design.