QUARZ: Test and Qualification Center for Concentrating Solar Power Technologies
Mirrors and Collector Shape Qualification
Deflectometry Measurement System for analysis of reflector surface slope error.
This non-contact method allows for accurate and quick measurements of mirror shape accuracy and therefore the assessment of concentration quality
Mirror panel Deflectometry:
Projection of a known stripe pattern onto a plane
Photograph of the pattern distortion reflected by mirror
Calculation of the slope error of the mirror surface with
- High resolution of surface normal vectors (1000 x 1000 pixel)
- High measurement precision (< 0.5 mrad)
Reflection of the absorber tube is used instead of projected patterns and permits a robust and simple application of the method for measurements in existing trough fields (with lower accuracy).
Heliostat Field Deflectometry:
An automated system allows for the measurement of many or all heliostats within an existing field during one night (depending on circumstances of the field).
- Space-resolved shape deviation of mirror, may lead to identification of optimization potential
- Evaluation of quality parameter (focal deviation of concentrated light)
- Evaluation of performance consequences for respective solar technology (intercept factor)
The Photogrammetry Measurement System
The Photogrammetry Measurement System is a flexible, portable and non-tactile tool for the accurate geometry evaluation of large structures and surfaces.
Application of retro-reflective targets on measurement points
Calibration with high precision length standards
Photographs of the object from many perspectives
Analysis of photo set with professional software
Additional methods characterize the torsion stiffness and similar parameters of a structure.
- Analysis of 3D coordinates of reference points for quality control with very high precision of measurement: 1/50.000-1/100.000
- Assessment of geometry concerning CSP specific requirements