• Detection and Removal of Space Debris
• Laser-based remote detection of harmful and hazardous substances
• Long Range Laser Effectors
• Laser propulsion for space travel
• Laser-based flight instruments (air data)
With many years of experience in the development and evaluation of high-power laser systems and active optical system technologies, research into beam propagation over long distances and laser-matter interaction, the Institute of Technical Physics is a centre of excellence for civilian and defence security research.