Funding organistation: Bundesministerium für Umwelt, Naturschutz und Reaktorsicherheit (BMU)
- German Aerospace Center (DLR, Germany)
- National Energy Research Center (NERC, Jordan)
- Abdelaziz Bennouna
- Nokraschy Engineering GmbH (NE, Germany)
- New and Renewable Energy Authority (NREA, Egypt)
- New Energy Algeria (NEAL, Algeria)
- Internationales Forschungszentrum für Erneuerbare Energien e.V. (IFEED, Germany)
- Hamburg Institute of International Economics (HWWA, Germany)
Contact: Dr. Franz Trieb
The TRANS-CSP study focuses on the interconnection of the electricity grid of Europe, the Middle East and North Africa (EUMENA) with the purpose of supplying about 15 % of the European electricity demand by solar energy imports from the South by the year 2050. The conventional electricity grid is not capable of transferring large amounts of electricity over long distances. Therefore, a combination of the conventional alternate current (AC) grid with High Voltage Direct Current (HVDC) transmission technologies will be used in such a Trans-European electricity scheme.
Numerical data now available: (2.5MB)
Further information on concentrating solar power research projects in Germany can be found at the VDI/VDE/IT project website.
Visit the homepage of the Menarec Conferences where the results will be presented. Visit also the homepage of MED-CSP and AQUA-CSP.
The summary and the final report of the TRANS-CSP Study can be downloaded here:
Critics on MED-CSP and TRANS-CSP can be found here.
Useful Links for Concentrating Solar Power (CSP) are here.