DLR site Berlin-Mitte
German Aerospace Center (DLR)
Arrival by public transport
From Berlin Central Station (total time approximately 15–20 minutes)
- Take S-Bahn (suburban railway) S3, S5, S7, S9 (bound for Spandau, Westkreuz or Potsdam Central Station) to Friedrichstraße station.
- Take S-Bahn U6 (bound for Alt-Mariendorf) to Französische Straße station.
- Take the exit for Gendarmenmarkt, walk along Jägerstraße and cross the Gendarmenmarkt to reach Markgrafenstraße.
- Turn right and walk to Markgrafenstraße 37.
From Berlin-Südkreuz (total time approximately 30–40 minutes)
- Take S-Bahn (suburban railway) S2 (bound for Bernau) to Friedrichstraße station.
- For onward travel, see from the second point in ‘From Berlin Central Station’.
Arrival by car
Motorway A9/A10 (from the direction of Hanover, Leipzig, Nuremberg and Munich)
- Take the A115 towards Berlin-Tegel Airport/Berlin city centre/Zehlendorf/Potsdam city centre.
- At the Funkturm interchange, use the right-hand lane and follow the signs for the A100 towards Hamburg/Wedding.
- Take the ‘Kaiserdamm’ exit and turn right onto Knobeldorffstraße, then right onto Sophie-Charlotten-Straße and continue to Kaiserdamm.
- Turn left and at the roundabout take the second exit (Straße des 17. Juni), take the second exit again at Platz Großer Stern and after approximately two kilometres turn right into Eberstraße. After 200 metres, turn left onto Behrenstraße.
- After 600 metres turn right into Glinkastraße and at the next junction turn left onto Französische Straße.
- Continue on until you reach the intersection with Markgrafenstraße, then turn right and continue to Markgrafenstraße 37, which is on the left-hand side.
Motorway A10 (from the direction of Hamburg)
- At the Pankow interchange, leave the A10 to join the A114 towards Berlin city centre/Berlin-Pankow.
- Head straight on the B109 and continue along Prenzlauer Allee.
- After approximately 1.5 kilometres, turn left onto Mollstraße and then right onto Otto-Braun-Straße after 400 metres. Continue straight ahead on Grunerstraße and then Leipziger Straße.
- Turn right onto Markgrafenstraße and continue to Markgrafenstraße 37, which is on the right-hand side.
Motorway A13 (from the direction of Dresden)
- Leave the A13 from Schönefelder Kreuz to join the A113, continue on the A100 until the ‘Tempelhofer’ exit, then leave the autobahn.
- Turn right onto Mehringdamm. After crossing the Landwehr Canal, continue for approximately 550 metres on Wilhelmstraße until Hedemannstraße, then turn right.
- At the end of Hedemannstraße, turn left onto Friedrichstraße.
- After approximately 900 metres, turn right onto Leipziger and then left onto Markgrafenstraße after 300 metres, then continue until you reach Markgrafenstraße 37, which is on the right-hand side.
Arrival by air
From Berlin-Tegel Airport (entire journey approximately 50 minutes)
- Take the TXL bus (bound for Alexanderplatz) to the Unter den Linden/Friedrichstraße stop.
- Walking in the same direction as the cars, turn right onto Friedrichstraße and continue to Französische Straße, then turn left (towards Gendarmenmarkt) and walk to Markgrafenstraße. Turn right and walk along Markgrafenstraße until you get to number 37, which is on the left-hand side.
From Berlin-Schönefeld Airport (entire journey approximately 60 minutes)
- Take S-Bahn (suburban railway) S9 (bound for Spandau) to Friedrichstraße station.
- For onward travel, see from the second point beneath ‘From Berlin Central Station’.