The Brussels office is the central point of contact between the German Aerospace Center (Deutsches Zentrum für Luft- und Raumfahrt; DLR) and the European Commission, the European Parliament and national and international organisations in Brussels. Its purpose is to support DLR's positioning, its research areas and strategies within the EU, and in particular in the European Research Area.
For its core research areas, DLR seeks to play an active and leading role in the definition and implementation of strategies and policies within the field of European research and innovation.
The Brussels Office supports the establishment and strengthening of DLR's position as a competent partner and advisory body, and promotes access to customers, partners, expertise and research resources at the European level.
The office was established in 1999 and is located close to the European Parliament and the Directorate-General for Research and Innovation, where it provides an ideal starting point for cooperating with relevant institutions.
The services provided by the DLR Office in Brussels include:
- strategic lobbying through cooperation, and communication of European strategy processes by means of:
- European Technology Platforms (ETPs)
- European groups
- large-scale European projects
- consulting (internal and external):
- information collection, analysis and reporting
- preparation of and responses to representations
- support for European cooperation and applications
- networking and representation:
- participation in conferences, workshops, etc.
- organisation of DLR events