Symposium Test4Rail (14 and 15 October 2015)
Testing of safety-critical, software-based railway systems
The objective of the symposium Test4Rail is to identify new approaches for the optimization of tests of safety-critical, software-based railway systems. The complexity of such systems in the railway sector as well as specific requirements related to safety and availability require an enormous effort for test and commissioning today. On the other hand, modern methods and procedures for system tests are available from information technology.
How do those methods improve testing by reducing the effort or increasing the error detection rate? How do they need to be adapted to be used optimally in the railway sector? Answers to these and other questions related to testing will be discussed during the Test4Rail symposium.
During the two-day symposium, there will be sessions on:
- Technologies for testing – advanced approaches along the whole testing life cycle
- Implementing and testing standardized infrastructure systems and their interfaces
- Scientific views of testing
- Requirements related to the quality of the test results from the perspective of operators, authorities and the EU
- Testing of safety-critical systems – approaches used outside the rail domain
As in 2013, representatives from the EU, industry, authorities, railway operators, science and test labs will present their experience and expectations.
German Aerospace Center (DLR)