SUMO User Conference 2020 - From Traffic Flow to Mobility Modeling
Please, Save the Date: May 11-13, 2020 - Berlin-Adlershof, Germany
Traffic simulations are of immense importance for researchers as well as practitioners in the field of transportation. SUMO has been available since 2001 and provides a wide range of traffic planning and simulation applications. SUMO consists of a suite of tools covering road network imports and enrichment, demand generation and assignment, and a state-of-the-art microscopic traffic simulator capable of simulating private and public transport modes, as well as person-based trip chains. Being open source, SUMO is easily extensible by new behavioral models and can be dynamically controlled via a well-defined programming interface. These and other features make SUMO one of the most often used open source traffic simulators with a large and international user community.
Call for Papers
The conference focuses on presenting new and unique results in the field of mobility simulation and modeling using openly available tools and data. We expect a large variety of research topics and usage approaches. If you are working on a research project fitting the topics below, you are kindly invited to submit an abstract. Possible areas of interest include (but are not limited to):
• Mobility and Demand Modelling
• Traffic Simulation
• Open Tools and Open Data
• Modelling Urban Mobility
• Traffic Applications
• Traffic Management Solutions
• Intermodal Transport
• Autonomous Driving
• Logistics Simulation
• Vehicular Communication
Attention: We changed our paper submission process. We are now offering two submission types:
1. Scientific Papers:
• All accepted scientific papers must be presented at the conference.
• Scientific papers will be reviewed by at least 2 reviewers.
• All accepted scientific papers will be published in the SUMO proceedings which will be referenced on SCOPUS.
• Scientific papers must be submitted in LaTeX or Word format before midnight, Friday, January 17th, 2020.
• Scientific papers should be between 5 and 20 pages long.
2. Technical Presentations:
• The SUMO conference gives the opportunity to present your topic during the poster session or an oral short presentation.
• There is no need to write a scientific paper.
• Possible technical presentations can be:
• Title and a short abstract (300 words) must be submitted until Friday, January 17th, 2020.
• Paper Submission Deadline: January 17th, 2020
• Notification of Acceptance: March 6th, 2020
• Camera Ready version due: April 17th ,2020
The conference language is English.
• Regular Tickets – 495 EUR (One-Day-Ticket – 325 EUR)
• Authors and Project Partners – 275 EUR
• "limited" Student Grants - 75 EUR
The registration fee includes a two and a half day conference program with refreshments, lunch, proceedings, and social events in the evening. Accommodation is not included within the registration fee and must be pre-booked separately.
The conference takes place in Berlin Adlershof:
German Aerospace Center
Institute of Transportation Systems
Our hotel recommendation is:
Rudower Chaussee 15
Fax 67 822-1000
(5-minute walk from S-Bahn station “Adlershof” to the hotel, another 7-minute walk from the hotel to DLR)
Please contact the conference team via mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can find more information about SUMO at http://sumo.dlr.de